Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 18 - Fasting Focus

Do you find it difficult to make time to spend with the Father in prayer? I believe this is one area that the enemy is greatly effective in his strategy to keep us from the will of God in our lives. It's funny how we make time for everything else and then wonder why everything goes wrong. It's because we have failed to make time for the most important task or function that there is: PRAYER.

Prayer is simply abiding in Christ. It is our lifeline and connection to the Father. We can accomplish more by simply spending time with God than we could at working hard for an entire week. So, wouldn't it be easier to pray and let God accomplish the things that we need done? Prayer: make it a priority in your life today!

Day 18 - PRAYER

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." John 15:4-5

Prayer for the Day: Father, if Your Word abides in me, I can ask what I will and it shall be done. I don't want anything in my will that You don't have in Your will for my life. Father, in the Name of Jesus, I just lay everything on the altar today. Everything I know I just lay it all on the altar and say "if it is Your will Lord." I say again, "Not my will, but Your will be done in my life." I'm asking You, Father, to put on me a new mantle for prayer. Teach me how to abide in Your presence every day. And Father, in the Name of Jesus I just thank You for authority to decree a thing and it shall come to pass.

_________________________________________________________

Take the time today to abide in Christ and to experience His best for your life. Prayer will change us in every area of our lives. Choose prayer!

Pastor DeWayne

No comments:

Post a Comment