Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 10 - Fasting Focus

Maybe you're up and heading to work, getting ready for work, or wishing you had a job to go and work at. Either way, your job and career are very important to God. Work is an honorable thing and God blesses our work when we work for Him with all that we have. The scripture admonishes us to work hard and smart and to do all (everything we do) as we are working directly for God.

Some are probably asking, 'What if I volunteer?' Then be the best volunteer that you can be and God will promote you in His perfect timing. I've seen many people who were volunteering and ended getting a job doing the same thing they were doing for FREE. Amazing! Now they get paid to do it!

Day 10 - CAREER

"And when He had called the people unto Him with His disciples also, He said unto them, Whosoever will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me."
Mark 8:34

Prayer for the Day: Father, in the Name of Jesus, I come to You today, and I want to be a cross bearer in the marketplace. I want people to see You through me. I want You to anoint me with a kingly anointing. I receive this high call that is just as sacred as the call to preach. I understand my purpose and I WILL go into the marketplace with a fresh anointing. In my job I will carry Your cross. In unseen and unspoken ways, people will know there's a difference on my life. I receive that anointing right now as I dedicate myself to You. Use my life for Kingdom authority. Help me to be a culture changer where I work. Help me to change the culture in my workplace until it's actually abnormal for somebody to take Your Holy Name in vain...not because I preached a sermon to them, but because Jesus has shined through me into that darkness. I give You the praise for the Lord. In Jesus' Name I will not fail You in my calling.

_______________________________________________________


As you take up your cross and live your life pleasing unto the Lord, others around you are watching. It might be your family, friends, co-workers, Facebook and Twitter friends, etc. Regardless, you have an awesome opportunity to allow Christ to shine through you as you work and/or volunteer for His glory today.

"Do all to the glory of God the Father!"

Pastor DeWayne

No comments:

Post a Comment