Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 7 - Fasting Focus

It's day 7 of the fast. As I sit in my recliner thinking of all the things that God wants to do in our lives, I am reminded that He really desires to save those in our house. That is, He wants and greatly desires to bring salvation to your spouses, children, mom, dad, brothers, and sisters. What an awesome thought that is! The funny thing, that's what we want to. So, when we pray for those in our household to come to know Christ, we are actually praying the heart of God. He said that whatever we ask in His name shall be done. So, let's start or continue to fervently call out to God for their salvation.

It is easy to get discouraged, especially if you are the only one in the household who is a believer/Christ follower. The persecution is sometimes really tough. But, let me encourage you to never give up on those that you love. Remember, the greater thing at stake here is God's glory! And trust me, God wants to be glorified.

Day 7 - HOUSEHOLD SALVATION

"And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"
Acts 16:31

Prayer for the Day: Oh God, save my children. My cry Father, is save my children. Touch my children. Straighten their paths. I paint them as a target for Your Spirit to touch them and mark them. Anoint them this day. I thank You and praise You that salvation will come to this house because of the blood of Jesus. Even when it looks like it is not working, I thank You that the blood of Jesus covers my family. "No weapon formed against us shall prosper." Your promise is that if the enemy comes one way, he flees seven. So, I am asking You in the name of Jesus to save everyone in my household. Don't let one flee from your grace and mercy but cover them with the blood of Jesus that salvation and life transformation would come to them today.

__________________________________________________


Whatever you do, don't give up on your loved ones. Keep loving them with the love of God and praying for them. Then, allow the Holy Spirit to draw their hearts close to the Father. It is not our job to draw them, rather, it is His. We must be faithful to live our lives before them in such a way that they can see Jesus in us.

I hope you have a great day as you prepare your hearts for worship in the Lord's house tomorrow. Bridges of Hope Fellowship starts at 10:30 a.m. at 2447 Smithville Hwy in McMinnville. Don't miss it! www.gethope.info

Pastor DeWayne

No comments:

Post a Comment