Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 9 - Fasting Focus

I am extremely exhausted after a great day at Bridges of Hope Fellowship yesterday. We had lots of people out sick, but the Spirit of the Lord was sweet in the house.

As I woke up this morning, my mind was on the happenings of our congress from yesterday. With the new Obamacare, how many more people will be facing the great financial woes of our day? Already, we are in a very tough financial spot in America. Already, families can't afford to pay their bills or provide the basic needs for their families.

Apart from Obamacare, people have struggled with the thoughts and realities of not having enough money to pay their house payment, car payment, buy groceries, or pay for healthcare. But, for the believer who practices the 3 disciplines set forth in Matthew 6 of giving, praying, and fasting, we are promised that God will take care of us and provide for us daily. The problem comes in when we think God should do it a different way than what He choosed to do.

Day 9 - FINANCES & PROVISION

"The LORD will open to you His good treasure, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season, and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow." Deuteronomy 28:12

"And you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who give you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day."
Deuteronomy 8:18

Prayer for the Day: Father, I thank You that You are my source of supply. I thank You that You know how to break bondages off your people. Help me to attack my lack by applying the wisdom of Your Word. Oh God, You said, "I'll bless the work of your hands." I'm going to pay my debts and live on the rest. I ask You that the anointing of the Holy Spirit break every yoke of bondage, break the yoke of borrowing, break the yoke of overspending from my life. I decree that this is the year of the Lord's release. I receive it and thank You, Lord. Father, in the Name of Jesus, I thank You that You will bring the increase and cause me to profit even right in the middle of a famine.

____________________________________________________


I believe with all my heart that the Lord showed me that He was going to restore the finances of His people during this 21 Day Fast. We as a people need to be prepared to read and hear the Word and to apply it to our lives so that we will be faithful stewards and not forget where it all has come from.

Even in the middle of a recession, I will not fear. I know where my supply comes from and it isn't Obama. My trust is in the Lord, Maker of heaven and earth.

Pastor DeWayne

No comments:

Post a Comment