Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 13 - Fasting Focus

Here we are at day 13 in the fast. What kind of things is God showing you or doing in your life? I'd love to hear! We have just a little over a week left in this fast and I can't wait to see what God is going to do on Easter Sunday!!!

Back in October, I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. It has brought about HUGE change in my life, diet, and about anything I go to do that deals with gluten. I am still very tired and fatigued. I have no energy to speak of. By the time lunch rolls around each day, I am zapped. I seem to stay in the bathroom constantly and I hate it. However, my prayer has been for God to receive all glory from my having this disease.

Just before we started the fast, Natalie and I were driving down the road and I just really felt impressed to ask God to heal me of this disease I have. So, I have. Not only have I asked Him to heal my body, but I've already begun to praise Him for doing so. I don't want to rob Him of any glory in my life. He has healed me 2 times before and I believe He'll do it again. I just can't wait for the healing to manifest itself in my body for others to see and know about.

Day 13 - HEALTH

"For I will restore health to you, And heal you of your wounds, 'says the LORD."
Jeremiah 30:17

Prayer for the Day: Lord, thank You that You are our Healer. You were wounded for our transgressions and You were bruised for our iniquities. Through Your stripes we are healed! And Lord, I just claim miracle healing in my life and the lives of my loved ones. I worship You, Jehovah-Rophe, the God that healeth. Your Words "are life unto those tht find them, and health to all their flesh" (Proverbs 4:22). Thank You for sending your Word to heal me. "...my Hope is in You God: for I shall yet praise You, You are HEALTH of my countenance, and my God" (Psalm 43:5). I give You praise and thank You today that my body is being healed by the life-giving power of Your Word, in Jesus' Name! Thank You, Lord.

______________________________________________________

If you are sick and in need of healing, why not claim God's healing power over your life and body today? God desires to do a great work in your health and restore all that the enemy has stolen from you and destroyed.

I am believing for God's healing power in my life and that one day soon I will be able to go back to the doctor for a clean bill of health. Praise His name!

Pastor DeWayne

2 comments:

  1. You already know the specifics, so I won't go into great detail, I just want to say the following on one particular subject, than move on to some others.

    I believe that since the fast has began there has been a distinct change in my relationship with her. Even outside of our group activity, we have increased communication. I'm learning more about her interests and she mine. It's simply amazing and I thank God everyday for even this little bit.

    But that's not all.

    God has been presenting me with messages about marriage. About reasons for marriage. About how to be a Godly man and spouse. And I like to think I am listening. I just hope I am understanding correctly the direction He is pointing me. That's part of the reason why I'm waiting until the very end of the fast to do anything what what I've been shown so far in that regard.

    God has given me a job. Sure, there are bumps with this one, but I think there is a very good reason God led me to this particular job and not some other one and I very much desire to be His tool in spreading the Good News.

    God is also moving in great ways with our building project. In that I believe He's just telling me to continue to be faithful in this shared vision and to be ready for a lot more awesome things to come from it.

    As for my other burden, that seems to be in the process of being answered too. God is indeed holy, just and loving. Yes, He shows his holy wrath and vengeance when called for, but it always seems to be tempered by mercy and love. May I be able to show even an infinitesimally small level of that kind of love and mercy to those around me when they provoke me in the flesh to such anger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, now I"m confused.

    ReplyDelete