Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 4 - Fasting Focus

As we enter day 4 of the 21 Day Fast, most of us transitioned to a Daniel Fast for the last 18 days. This simply means that we will give up eating any sweets, breads, or meats until April 4th, Easter Sunday. For most people, the first 3 days are the most difficult. However, I have had some testimonies already from people of how the Lord has strengthened them through those days. Praise God!

Today, let us stay focused on the purpose of our fast and seeking the Lord for release, restoration, and reward in our lives as we draw closer in our relationship with Him.


Day 4 - SANCTIFY YOURSELF

"So it was, after three days, that the officers went through the camp, and they commanded the people, saying, 'When you see the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, and the priests, the Levites, bearing it, then you shall set out from your place and go after it. Yet there shall be a space between you and it, about two thousand cubits by measure. Do not come near it that you may know the way by which you must go, for you have not passed this way before.' And Joshua said to the people, 'Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you'" Joshua 3:2-5

Prayer for the Day: Thank You, Lord. God, I ask You to sanctify me as I push back my plate and as I pull away from the TV and read Your Word during this period of fasting. Cut off the works of the flesh. Cut them off so I can be used for Your glory. I seek Your face. I'm hungry for You. Lord, I want to feel conviction again. I need to raise my standard. Convict me of it. I lay down, "Every weight that does so easily beset me" (Hebrews 12:1). I need Your touch. I'm coming after You. There's a dream in me. There's a call for my life and I'm going for it.

_________________________________________________________

My prayer is that each of us will continue to offer our bodies as a living sacrifice so that Christ may be enthroned in our hearts and lives. As we do, may we seek to pursue the dreams and callings that God has placed on our lives and walk in the fullness of His Holy Spirit.

Don't forget to come together tonight at 6:30 p.m. at Bridges of Hope Fellowship as we worship the Lord, praise His name, and seek His face for the move of His power in the hearts and lives of people everywhere.

See you tonight!
Pastor DeWayne

2 comments:

  1. Thank God for you, DeWayne. I can tell it's going to be really good for me to continue coming to your blog daily and reading what you have to post.

    By the way, what happened to the daily devotionals by email? Did I set that up wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just decided to place the scripture and prayers on my blog each day instead of sending out emails. This will give them the option to read or not to read. Thanks for everything! God bless you during this time!

    ReplyDelete