Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 17 - Fasting Focus

I want to first apologize for the lateness of posting this blog. When I tried to login this morning to write my blog for today, it didn't even give me a place to do so. Each time I tried, I was prevented. But, I have the VICTORY!!! Here it is.

Speaking of victory, God wants all of us to overcome temptation and the things of the world. God has provided so that we can have the victory and overcome the world. In many cases, it seems that we are more or less overcome by the world rather than overcoming the world. I hope you will pause this day to decide now that you are going to be more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus our Lord.

Day 17 - VICTORY

"For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith." 1 John 5:4

Prayer for the Day: Father, I am making a choice. I'm going to "put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness." Lord, You said, "Sing, Oh barren one." So, I will sing to You, God, even when it looks like I don't have anything to sing about. I will give You songs of deliverance and praise, O God. Glory to Your Name, Jesus! I will keep on praying. I will keep on praising. I will keep on living for You, God. My faith is overcoming. I'm never going to get tired of fighting the flesh and the devil until I make it through the pearly gates of Heaven. I am an overcomer. My faith makes me an overcomer, not my feelings. You are with me now as You have been and forever shall be. I praise You for total victory. I'm driving the devil out. Praise God. I'm tired of mixing the Word with everything else and not having the strength in me to overcome anything. I am making a choice to praise You in all things.

________________________________________________________

Why not make a choice today to praise God and give Him your all? He deserves it you know.

Live your life today victoriously for Jesus!

Pastor DeWayne

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. The Christian walk is all about choices right from the first time we answer God's call to choose Him and life. We sometimes have to choose to forgive even when we don't feel like it, choose to move on after a great loss, choose to praise Him when our hearts have no song left, choose to do the right thing even when we don't want to, we choose to believe and trust God even when when we can't see the path ahead. We will never make the wrong choice when we follow His leading!

    ReplyDelete