Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 19 - Fasting Focus

When you see others in need, do you find it easy to have compassion on them and help meet their needs? Or do you wish they'd just go away and bother someone else?

Compassion is one thing that God asks us to have toward others. When we see others who are less fortunate than us, we should reach out to them with the love of God and have compassion upon them. It is through compassion demonstrated to others that the world we see and know that the love of God is in us.

Day 19 - COMPASSION

"But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him? My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth." 1 John 3:17-18

Prayer for the Day: Touch my heart, oh God. Touch my heart. Touch me. I don't want to be cold. I don't want to be hard shelled. I want to be tender. I want to be sensitive. I want to show the world your compassion and grace. I want Your anointing on me. Touch my heart. I feel the incrustation of worldliness and materialism and the cares of this life. Melt it! Melt it!

________________________________________________________

It is easy for us to talk about love and compassion, but quite a difference to practice it. Let us not be people of many words and little actions. For the world will know that we belong to God by the way we treat one another. If we truly do love God with all of our heart, mind, and soul; then we are to love our neighbor as ourselves. Who is our neighbor? Everyone.

Make this the day that you allow God to soften your heart and show compassion to those around you.

Pastor DeWayne

No comments:

Post a Comment