Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 6 - Fasting Focus

Well, here we are at the end of the first week of the fast. Already some exciting things are beginning to happen in the lives of people. We just give God praise for all that He is doing and has done!

The family is a very important part of God's plan in bringing lost mankind into a personal relationship with Him through His Son, Jesus Christ. There is a divine and unique order in the family/home that allows God's grace and mercy to flow to the next generations. As a parent, it is difficult to know what decisions to make and what hills to die on, so to speak, with our children. We need God's help to accomplish His purpose in their lives.


Day 6 - WISDOM IN PARENTING

"All your children shall be taught by the LORD, And great shall be the peace of your children."
Isaiah 54:13

Prayer for the Day: Father, I know that only homes with Christ positioned in the middle of every day living will succeed in this wicked time. I need You, Lord, in order for me to be the man/the woman that You call me to be in my home. Give me wisdeom to create a place of physical rest and of spiritual rest where my family can bring a crisis and lay it on a "bed" of faith. Help me to communicate with my spouse and my children. Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my pathway. God, we really need You in our home. We need a little church in our home. God, I give You everything; take my home; take my family; take my future; in Jesus' Mighty Name.

________________________________________________________________

It is so important for parents to stand up and lead their homes in the ways of Christ and in the power of His Word. May we mediate on His Word day and night and talk about it at all times so that our children will know Christ and seek to make Him known to others.

If you are not a parent, please take a moment to pray for those who are and ask God to help them order their homes where Christ is at the center.

Pastor DeWayne

No comments:

Post a Comment