Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 14 - Fasting Focus

This morning as I rolled out of bed, I could see the brightness of the sun shining through my bedroom windows. Then, I thought...how much brighter will the glory of God be than that? When I think of the awesomeness of God and glory that surrounds Him, I cannot help but worship and praise Him.

On that note, tomorrow is the day that I set aside to worship the Lord with my church family, not to take away from the fact that we should be worshipping God daily in our personal lives. Actually, worship is more of a lifestyle than anything. Our lives should be characterized by worship since that's why we were created in the first place, to worship God. How many people fail to worship God and when they do goto church, they just go through the motions or rituals. It's not really worship at all.

Day 14 - WORSHIP

"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him." John 4:23

Prayer for the Day: Father, I humble myself before You today to seek Your face. I repent for complacency in my worship. I repent for being content in my worship. I repent. I'm not "face to face" with You like Moses was, but I do want to know You more intimately. Like Paul said, "I have not apprehended." I'm not satisfied. I'm hungry for You, O God. I love You and I praise You, Lord. Worthy! Worthy! Worthy are You, Lord! Blessed be the Name of the Lord! Oh, God it all flows out of You; I'm coming after You. You are my Reward, not success, not material things. You exceed all of those things! In Your presence is fullness of joy. If I am in Your presence, then I get joy. Out of that joy comes strength. Out of that strength comes spiritual warfare to resist the devil, and he flees from me. I want to be close to You more than anything. Here I am. I give You my all. I give everything to You. Thank You that in Jesus' Name, I enter into Your rest, enter into Your peace, and enter into Your grace. I worship You, Lord. I worship You. Hallelujah!!

__________________________________________________

If your worship is only in the flesh, it's not worship at all. We must worship Him with our whole beings and in spirit before our worship is pleasing to Him.

I want to encourage you to get up and join us tomorrow morning (Sunday) at 10:30 a.m. at Bridges of Hope Fellowship in McMinnville for a time of true worship to the Lord. Need directions? Visit www.gethope.info See you there!

Pastor DeWayne

No comments:

Post a Comment