Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fasting Day 11

Fasting Devotional Day 11

Scripture:


Read Psalm 56-57

Observation:

David decided to put his trust God when people
were attacking him. He asks, “what can man
do to me?” What a declaration of confidence!

What a show of true faith and freedom from
the fear of man.

Application:


Proverbs 29:25 says, “the fear of man brings
a snare.” God wants us to place our trust in
Him and fear Him. Not be afraid of Him, but
have a healthy respect, esteem and honor for
the Lord. When the Lord holds this place in
our hearts, we don’t have to fear any other
man.


Prayer:

“Father, when I am afraid of others or their

opinions of me, I choose to trust in You. I
fear, esteem, and honor You above any other.
Thank You for peace and freedom from fear
of man today in the name of Jesus.”


No comments:

Post a Comment